Wednesday 17 March 2010

I am Riffon

I was born on the road. My parents were merchants who plied their trade amongst the Dwarven mining communities of the Thunder Peak mountains and the merchant city of Arabel in Cormyr. The Thunder Peaks run in a north-south line marking the eastern edge of Cormyr and are home for many tribes of Orcs and Goblins that launch raids into nearby Cormyr, Sembia and the Dalelands. It was one such raid that attacked my father’s caravan killing my parents. The band were led by a particularly cruel Goblin who had an Irontooth and a double handed axe. The Goblins would have killed me as well had it not been for the timely intervention of a War Wizard from Cormyr who drove them away.

This morning I woke and found a notc:

“My Dear Riffon,
I have tidings of great import for you. It is not by chance that we find ourselves journeying on the East Way and our visitor last night bore news that I had sought for these past three months.
I can now tell you that the Goblin known as Irontooth dwells near the village of Winterhaven. Should you wish to seek this villain out then take heed though, for those that plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt.
I feel that this is the point at which our paths must part. You are ready to walk your own road. Winterhaven lies along the road to the East.
Fare thee well


Revenge is a meal best served cold, who cares to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.